JellyPages.com

Thursday, March 28, 2013

The Waiting Game

   Most of you reading this blog probably are aware of this, but some of you may not be (since I have no idea who reads this), but I was diagnosed in 2006 with pretty significant  scoliosis. It never used to bother me at all until last year; I experienced lower back pain, went to PT for it, felt better, and moved on. However, it has recently been coming back. At first I didn't think anything of it; then, I realized it usually hurt after working on days when I was put at positions that required "heavy" lifting. I talked to my doctor and my manager at Casey's and was told to see Health Services for a medical accommodations form. I filed one out, played phone tag for about a month, and finally heard back last week. I was told my restriction of no lifting/pushing/pulling more than 15lbs. was accepted and that they would be in contact with my area manager to determine if I will remain at Casey's or have to be recasted to a different role. I may not always love the hours I work at Casey's, but I love the people I work with, the friends I have there, the atmosphere, and my managers/coordinators. I still had not heard back as of today, but on my way to the gym this evening, I missed a phone call from the accommodations office and received a message saying please return the call at my earliest convenience. I assume this means they finally talked to the area manager and made a decision. I sincerely hope I can remain at Casey's; I honestly don't think there's anything that would be affected other than I couldn't be stocker, but that's usually assigned to a guy anyway. Hopefully, I will hear back tomorrow morning. Fingers crossed that I will be able to stay where I am!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment