JellyPages.com

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Water Parks

    I'm starting to forget what I've posted about already and I don't feel like reading through my posts again, so if anything I write about today sounds just a little too familiar then it probably is someplace else on here...sorry!
    As much as I love the sunshine and the warm weather here in Orlando, I must admit I really did miss the snow and Buffalo winter. Not to worry though, because Disney has an answer for that in the form of a water park: Blizzard Beach! Okay, not the exact same since the snow's not real and there's no windchill, but there is a Christmas soundtrack, "ski" hills, and icicles. A few weeks ago on my day off, I met a couple friends from work there. Just like my first time at Typhoon Lagoon, I was blown away by the size and detail of the park. Blizzard is completely winter themed from the snowcapped mountains to working chair lift to the kiddie area named "Tyke's Peak". Their main attraction is the HUGE water slide, Summit Plummet....it's a 120ft slope that feels like it's almost a 90* angle!! To get to it, you can either climb Mt. Gushmore, or you can take the chair lift. Christina and I took the chair lift; the views while riding it are awesome and it's definitely a worthy ride in itself. Once at the top of the chair lift you still need to climb the stairs to get the summit for the slide; finally there, I look down and was rather nervous to slide. Now, I'm not one to get scared on rides, but this one honestly terrified me; however, I'm also not one to chicken out easily, so I did it....and loved it (not enough to do it again that day but hey I did it)! Going down the slide gave me such a rush of adrenaline I didn't know what to do with myself haha :) Just like Typhoon, there are a lot of slides and tube rides and, of course, a lazy river. We did most of the attractions before calling it a day and heading back to the apartments.
   Overall, I must say the Disney water parks far surpassed my expectations. With Typhoon's swimming with sharks and Blizzards chair lift, I don't think I will be able to go to a basic water park now! Disney magic is at it again.

Mt. Gushmore

"ski lodge"

winter decor 

kiddie area

Summit Plummet

wave pool

No comments:

Post a Comment