JellyPages.com

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Four Keys Fantastic

   I don't think I posted this in a previous entry, but it did happen a few weeks ago, so it's quite possible. If I did, well then you get to hear me brag twice!
   In Disney World there are 4 keys that cast members are taught: safety, courtesy, show, and efficiency.....all pretty self explanatory. We are expected to always follow these 4 keys and perform our roles to the best of out abilities; however, there are times when cast members go above and beyond. When that happens, there are what are called "Four Keys Fantastic" cards, which recognize those who have exceeded expectations. A few weeks ago, one the first days I was on the job after passing my assessment, I was working in the kitchen during a very busy rush; it's not uncommon during the peak hours to run out of the food we need to fill orders and have to wait for it to be ready again. That didn't happen when I was working the deep fryers (so glamorous, I know) and my coordinators were impressed, so I got 2 cards! These are important not only because they recognize hard work, but also because they go on your record card which helps if you are looking to work for Disney in the future (not that I would as a nurse, but I might look into being a campus representative when I go back to school).
   My favorite is whenever I work as greeter at Casey's Corner, I always have people telling me how they appreciate my smile and taking the time to help them with any questions. In fact yesterday, I helped a man who spoke no English, only Spanish (which the extent of my knowledge comes from watching/reading Dora the Explorer and Diego when I babysit) and took his entire order by patiently working with him pointing at menu items, drawing, and writing out numbers on a napkin; when we were through, he was so grateful; when he said "gracias", I knew to respond "de nada"....he laughed and gave me a thumbs up. Sometimes I really love my job here!
  Okay, done patting myself on the back!

No comments:

Post a Comment