JellyPages.com

Monday, March 25, 2013

Epcot in Bloom

   Wednesday may have been the first day of spring, but here is Disney World it started on March 6th with the first day of the Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival. I had no idea that this was even an event that went on here; when I was here for my senior class trip, it was the International Food and Wine Festival (which I also didn't know was a thing!). This year marks the 20th anniversary of the Flower and Garden Fest, so obviously I've been missing out my entire life! 
   You might be thinking, how exciting can flowers be? because that's exactly what I was thinking. I mean, don't get me wrong, I absolutely love gardens and seeing exotic plants and creative arrangements, but really how many times can you see flowers and be wowed? I couldn't have been more wrong! I wish I could go every day (which I suppose I could, theoretically); there is just so much to see, and I don't think it could all be done in one day! There are incredible topiary displays throughout the park, several garden marketplace kiosks around World Showcase offering food and drink derived from and inspired by plants, the HGTV designer's stage that features hit personalities from HGTV shows sharing ideas and tips (one of my favorites will be here during the last weekend and I can't wait!!), a Flower Power concert series with some pretty well known (albeit old) bands, and much more. Claire and I went last week and were amazed! I am so excited to experience it with Mom and Dad in May :)

Topiaries as we walked into the park

Festival Center





 Vera Bradley teamed up with Disney!

Buzz outside Mission Space

Okay, not Flower and Garden, but Claire and I went on Mission Space

Cars garden





Monsters University display

Pooh Bear and friends


 Lady and the Tramp topiary (Lady looks a little scary haha)

Lion King

No comments:

Post a Comment