JellyPages.com

Thursday, March 21, 2013

More Visitors!

   Jeez, I am so out of order with these! I apologize if it confuses anyone (but who pays attention to what day it is in Florida?).
   Last Wednesday (or WedNAZday, right Tori? ☺), I had another visitor in Disney World....okay, so they didn't come specifically to see me, but I like to think it was part of the reason they came. My friend, Katie, from high school and her wonderful mom came for a few days to celebrate her mom's birthday and hang out in Disney just because (it's always a great day for Disney!). Katie goes to school in Miami, so they drove up (down? I'm bad with geography) from there Monday and stayed until Wednesday afternoon. They were so kind as to invite me to join them for breakfast at the Grand Floridian, which is where they were staying, so I got to spend almost the entire day with them! They hadn't been to Hollywood Studios yet this trip so that's where we headed off to after breakfast. Katie's mom had never been on Tower of Terror, so, of course, that was number one on our priority list! The standby wait time was far too long, so we grabbed Fast Passes (that, thankfully, were within the time range we would be there still) and did some other rides in the meantime. Unfortunately, Rock n' Roller-coaster had a super long wait time as well, and Fast Passes were already for 3:30pm at 10 o'clock in the morning! When the FPs were valid we ran back to Tower and hopped right on....that ride just never gets old; I scream every time like it's the first time I'm riding!
   From there, we ran over to Indiana Jones Stunt Show, which I had never seen before. There was standing room only by the time we arrived, but that was fine....the show is only 30min long. For this show, they pick guests to be part of it and play the roles of Cairo Market shoppers, but they also have to do funny stunts and little skits. One guy was hammin' it up and had everyone laughing so hard! It was a really cool to show to see with all the effects that they have available.
   Around 2:30, we decided we'd pretty much done everything we had wanted (except Rock n' Rollercoaster), so we went back to the Floridian for a quick lunch. The "Gasparilla Grill" there has delicious food; I think we had eaten there once on our family trip back in '08. One thing that Katie and her mom found amazing this time at Disney, was the care that they have for their guests; Katie was recently diagnosed with a significant food allergy and every place they went to eat on Disney property brought a chef right out to the table to take her order and ensure she could eat what she wanted safely....very impressive!
   Lunch was the last thing we had time for since they needed to get back to Miami and I needed to get to class, but I enjoyed the few hours I got to spend with them.
   Come visit any time!

Indiana Jones Show (that's a large man!)


Katie and I in front of the Sorcerer's Hat

1 comment: