JellyPages.com

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Visitors

   Clearly I'm falling behind in my posting and skipping out of order, so I'm just gonna keep going with that. This post will lump a few days together.....the subject is the same, so it'll make sense!
   Last week, a friend of mine and Claire's from home (Cristina) was in town for spring break with her Mom; unfortunately, I was working for the first few days she was here, but she did stop by to see me at work (I was greeter so I got to chat with her for a bit!). On Wednesday, her last day here, we got to spend the morning in Magic Kingdom! Claire, Cristina, and I started the day by riding Space Mountain 3 times in a row....best way to start! We did a few other rides/attractions before Cristina had to leave and I had to run errands before class. It was so great to see her....it brought us back to our class trip in 2009.
cliche (but classic) picture in front of the castle

our picture from Space Mountain (we were just pretending to be terrified!)

   This week, more friends from home came! On Sunday, Erin and her family and a friend met me at Magic Kingdom (I wasn't working until 6). It was chilly so we stopped at Casey's Corner on the way into the park for hot cocoa. Of course, our first ride was Space Mountain; from there we headed into New Fantasyland and had breakfast/a snack at Gaston's Tavern....delicious! Finally got to ride the new Voyage of the Little Mermaid ride; it's a clam shell ride (much like Nemo or Haunted Mansion) that shows you the story of Ariel....it was cute albeit short.

cinnamon roll and Le Fous Brew

the tavern

Voyage of the Little Mermaid




learning to be a pirate!!! I love Jack Sparrow.



my favorite part of the Pirates ride (probably because it has a dog lol)

   We rounded out our day with funnel cakes and waffles from Sleepy Hollow before I had to get ready for work and they had to head off to Epcot for their dinner reservations in Germany.
   Yesterday I got to see them again when we went to Universal Studios Islands of Adventure for the morning/afternoon. IT WAS AWESOME!!!!!!! We went to Harry Potter World, Jurassic Park, and Dr. Seuss Land....they were all so cool!! I can't wait to go back! Since pictures are worth a thousand words I'll just post a bunch :)

entering Universal!

walking through to Hogsmeade

 platform 9 & 3/4

"shops" in Hogsmeade

 more views from Wizarding World of Harry Potter

Hogwarts castle!!! the coolest simulator ride I've ever been on is inside

sorting hat

talking portraits in the Grand Staircase

the post office

book of monsters

Erin and I sipping butterbeer outside Honeydukes candy

inside Honeydukes (they had all the candy from the books including Exploding Bon-Bons, Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Jelly Bean, Chocolate Frogs, and more!


Three Broomsticks (where we ate lunch)

the train again

Dr. Seuss Land



 meeting the Cat in the Hat!

Erin likes Green Eggs and Ham

with Sam I Am

adorable ice cream stand

Erin getting bunny ears from Sam I Am

Poseidon's Fury attraction

triwizard cup introduction at Hogwarts

you could buy Hermoine's ball gown for $375 or Dumbledore's robe for $700

Jurassic Park

Taylor, Erin, me, and Mrs. Polizzi on the Jurrasic Park River Adventure ride (we are in the 3rd row from the top)...they take the picture on a huge drop!

   It was so good to see people from home and spend time with them....it makes me a little homesick after I see them, but it's still so nice to get a taste of home.

No comments:

Post a Comment