JellyPages.com

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Hoppy Easter (a little late!)

    I hope all of you had an enjoyable Easter wherever you may have been. I was fortunate enough to be able to spend it with family in Naples, FL. Grandma and Grandpa live down there for the winter and it is about a 3hr drive from Orlando, so I packed up and left after work on Saturday morning at 5am. Also visiting while I was there was my aunt, uncle, and cousins from Baltimore...I don't get to see them that often so it was so nice to spend the holiday with them too! The drive was very easy and the weather was perfect; no traffic that early either! I arrived in time to go the 9:00 Easter basket blessing with Grandpa at their church just like we used to do when I had Easter break. Saturday afternoon we relaxed at the pool and dyed eggs, and that night went for our Easter dinner at the delicious Mangrove Cafe and did some shopping along 5th Ave. Sunday was Easter mass at 7:30am followed by our traditional breakfast at home complete with kielbasa, butter lamb, our colored hard boiled eggs, makowiec, and more. We also did an Easter egg hunt; my cousins (all three under 14) found all of their eggs, but I couldn't find the last three of mine....and we never did so they're still out there somewhere! We finished off our Easter Sunday watching the sunset on the beach. Monday I needed to be on the road around 1pm to get back for work, so Aunt Laure, Uncle Alan, and the kids and I went to the beach for a few hours in the morning. I was so sad to leave and wish I could have stayed longer, but all good things must come to an end. I am so blessed to have had the chance to spend the weekend in Naples, though, and enjoyed every minute of it.

Easter bunny out on the town Saturday night

my best Easter egg this year

more eggs!

5th Ave



me with Grandma and Grandpa enjoying ice cream 


the family (with glowing eyes?)

sunset at the Naples Beach

Easter baskets

beach was crowded!

No comments:

Post a Comment