JellyPages.com

Friday, February 1, 2013

Tomorrowland Terrace Training Days

   I apologize for not having posted anything these past couple of days! Tuesday and Wednesday I had training for the Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party and yesterday I was off. Today I have my first day of training at Casey's Corner; because TLT is seasonal, they are not currently open for regular hours, just the dessert party, so I am going to be working at Casey's for the time being.
   Tomorrowland Terrace was.....okay I suppose. I really like the other college program cast members I worked with, but the work itself was not what I was hoping to do while here. I knew, of course, that it was not going to be glamorous to work here on the college program, but I was hoping to be doing something different than what I do ALLLL summer long at home. The dessert party, to me, felt exactly like doing a tournament day at CCB; spend hours setting everything up, watch the guests run through the product while restocking and keeping the station tidy, then spend a few more hours breaking it all down and cleaning everything when it's over. I think also, part of what I'm not enjoying about my role right now are the hours; anyone who knows me, knows I am most certainly a morning person....up by 8am at the latest and ready to go. So, having shifts that are from 2pm-12:15am do not bode well for me; I'd much prefer having a shift that's 8am-5pm, but unfortunately my locations are not open in the morning. It's tough, too, because most of my roommates have early shifts so they're gone in the morning and when they all get back at normal hours, I'm barely into my shift at work.
   Okay, so that's enough complaining for one day. I really am grateful for this opportunity, but right now it's hard to focus on the positives since I'm homesick and not close enough to family to see anyone in person.....counting down the days until Mom, Grandma, and Grandpa come visit!
   Yesterday, my roommates Stephanie and Julie, and I had the day off so we went to Panera Bread for lunch then headed to Disney's Hollywood Studios for a couple hours in the afternoon. We ended up being given free fast passes from some cast members for Rock N' Rollercoaster and any other ride we wanted (we chose Toy Story Mania), so we took advantage of those and skipped lines. We also went on The Great Movie Ride and Stephanie made me do the American Idol Experience; since we're cast members though, I couldn't do anything other than the initial audition...I don't sing, though, so I was okay with that! The guy told me I did well, but I think he was just being nice haha Also, we had to go on an adventure to find Stephanie's lifeguard costume at the Pop Century Resort costuming building before it closed. We were successful and it was quite entertaining!
Steph and her pile of costumes

   Later last night, I had a chance to Skype with my roommates/friends/favorite people from Naz....Lauren, Tori, and Alex! It was great to get to "see" them and talk to them. Made me feel a little less homesick...they're awesome :)
   Today and tomorrow, I have my next few days of training (at Casey's) then I'll be off Sunday and Monday (but then working Tuesday-Saturday at this point).

2 comments:

  1. Mads-we miss you! It sounds like a big change with your time schedule. I am sure you will get adjusted to it within the next few days...maybe it will become a new schedule that you love! :) (lol) It sounds like a lot of fun to be down there, though. I am sure that GGP and your Mom cannot wait to see you!! The girls ask of you often. If you ever want to talk or Skype and see the kiddos, we are definitely up for it! Love ya! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jules! I miss you guys and think of you often...the picture of the girls from GGP's party is next to my bed :) I would love to Skype you soon; I'll call you soon! Love you too!

      Delete