JellyPages.com

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Batter Up!

   Our internet has been a bit whack lately, so I have not posted in a while!
   On Friday, I had my first day of training at Casey's Corner in the Magic Kingdom. Thank goodness I worked at CCB and know how to make hot dogs since that is what our location serves (of course we don't make nearly this many at CCB). Because it's Disney World, though, the hot dogs are not just any hot dogs; the specialty dogs we offer are Chicago Style (has 2 pickles, loaded with Chicago relish which is onions, mustard, tomatoes, and sweet relish, and topped with banana peppers and celery salt/poppy seeds), BBQ Slaw (has barbecue pulled pork topped with cole slaw and barbecue sauce), and Chili Cheese (self explanatory). And obviously, we have a classic hot dog! In addition there are fries, corn dog nuggets, and ball park nachos. The food all smells so good....even though the dogs aren't Sahlen's! 
   My hours are not the greatest, but I suppose I'll take it as learning how to be used to terrible hours because that's what's going to happen when I'm a beginning nurse!
   The costume I wear at Casey's is fun...it's a baseball uniform; some of the girls I work with think it's weird for a girl to wear a baseball uniform, but my stint in the Clarence Town Baseball League served me well so I like the costume! 
   The first few days were on the job training so I was basically given a tour of the Main Street area in Magic Kingdom, a tour of the kitchen at Casey's, had the various positions explained to me, and did some online courses for working in quick service. Monday I learned how to use a cash register, which I have never done before....so that's why I thought it was worth mentioning. Tuesday was my location assist day; this meant I was working as a regular cast member as if I weren't in training. It went fairly well for my first day! Finally, today I had my last day of training and my assessment.....I passed! I am now officially a cast member at Casey's Corner (come visit me and eat hot dogs!)

No comments:

Post a Comment