JellyPages.com

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Family Visit

   I know this is a little out of order, but I didn't have any pictures to post along with this one since I forgot my camera when they came; Mom (of course) had hers, so I needed to wait until she had a chance to email me pictures from her camera.
   Last Tuesday and Wednesday, Mom and Grandma and Grandpa came up from Naples to visit Disney World.....Grandma and Grandpa hadn't been in the Magic Kingdom for about 30 or more years, and they have never been to Animal Kingdom or Hollywood Studios! They arrived at my apartment around 11am on Tues. and we headed for our resort: Disney's Port Orleans Riverside. We had never stayed there before, so it would be a treat regardless, but when I booked the room, the only one available was a Royal Guest Room! You may or may not know the (newer) Disney princess, Tiana, but because she's from New Orleans, she is the princess for this particular resort. The room was really nice and very "princess-y"! The detail that went into everything was unbelievable.....from the headboards to the carpeting to the bathroom counter it was most definitely fit for a princess. Not to mention upon arrival we each received a letter from Princess Tiana welcoming us to her suite.

Grandma/Grandpa and I in our Royal Room

 Mom and Grandma and I in our room

 The "food court" in our hotel

Port Orleans Riverside-one of the buildings

 After getting settled in to our room, we had a quick lunch at the food court in the hotel's main building (we were on the dining plan which is an amazing deal: one quick service, one table service, and one snack each day and a refillable drink mug; for being a cast member, it only cost us $33/per day a person!) and headed to check out the boardwalk area near the (go figure) Boardwalk Resort. We had a little difficulty finding it, but once we did we enjoyed about an hour or so walking around the shops and restaurants....it's usually more exciting and lively at night, but it is still gorgeous to look at! Also there on Tuesday afternoon was a couple getting their wedding photos taken....what a beautiful backdrop!
Boardwalk


   Since we didn't have enough time to do a park and make it worthwhile on Tuesday night, we had reservations to eat in Downtown Disney at Raglan's Road (an authentic Irish Restaurant) and planned to spend the night in the shops there. Raglan's (on the dining plan!) was fabulous.....and not just the food, but the entertainment as well. Throughout the evening while we were there, we watched Irish dancers and listened to an Irish band play right in front of us! Because we were on the dining plan and I wanted to make it worth every penny, I purposely ordered the most expensive entree on their menu, which happened to be lamb; I've never tasted lamb before so I wasn't too sure how it would go.....I loved it! Not sure I'll be eating it again anytime soon, so I was glad I decided to be adventurous.
the Irish dancers

our waitress was kind enough to take a family photo

the Irish band (can't remember their name) 

   We strolled Downtown Disney after dinner, and checked out a few shops: World of Disney, Lego Store, the Christmas Shop, and a few others.

Characters in Flight hot air balloon (we didn't ride it)

At the lego store



   Between the drive in, the boardwalk, dinner, and shopping, I think everyone was pretty exhausted and ready to head back to the room for a good sleep before hitting the parks Wednesday morning. We had taken a boat from the resort to Downtown Disney, so we boarded it again to head back.....I think I may have dozed off for a few minutes during the trip (not shocking)! 
   Well I need to finish getting ready for work, so you'll have to wait until tonight (or more likely tomorrow) to hear about our park adventures! Thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment