JellyPages.com

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Training Day 1 and Park Hopping

   Yesterday was my first day of training for my role here at Walt Disney World; I'm going to be doing quick-service food and beverage in the Magic Kingdom. This isn't so bad for me since it's what I'm used to doing during the summer at CCB. The training was an incredibly boring 4.5 hours, but I survived! I did not get my costume yet, but I did get my shoes....the ugly black sneakers that food service people wear. Hopefully my costume will be better!
   After my training was over, I came back to the apartment and changed into a bathing suit to head to Typhoon Lagoon with my roommate, Ashley. I had never been to Typhoon Lagoon before (or a water park for that matter!) so I didn't know what to expect, but  had an idea in my mind what it would look like. Boy, was I wrong! It was HUGE!!! So much to do: a wave pool, lazy river, raft flumes, big water slides, snorkeling with sharks, and more! The best part was it was free for us to get in and the water was 81*! We spent only about 2 hours there, but it felt like we were there for 4 since there was hardly anyone there, so there were no waits at all.

Entrance to Typhoon

Typhoon Lagoon: this is just the wave pool part!

   After we finished at Typhoon Lagoon, we came back to the apartment, met up with Kaitlyn and Julie to head to Magic Kingdom (for free!!). It took us a while to get there since the monorail from the Contemporary Resort was closed, but we made it. Took advantage of the fireworks going on when we arrived to get on rides with no wait. We only had about an hour and a half there, but we made it on Buzz Lightyear, Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Caribbean, and grabbed dinner and desserts. The new Fantasyland looked pretty awesome and I can't wait to see it in the daytime! The bus ride back was really crowded as the cast members just getting off work all wanted to head home ASAP, but everyone is just so nice that you make friends with the people you're squeezed in with!

Entering Main Street USA

the castle from Main Street

Buzz Lightyear ride queue 

 Ashley and I on Buzz Lightyear (not as good as the picture of us Lauren!)

No comments:

Post a Comment