JellyPages.com

Monday, January 21, 2013

Move in Day

    Today started at 3:00am, as we got in line for housing and registration...and we weren't even the first ones there! However, we did get the apartment complex we were hoping for and it is so nice and very spacious. After (finally) making it through housing selection, parking pass, registration, and all that fun stuff, I went to the casting building to make sure all my documentation was in order and complete my employment paperwork. That building was amazing! Unfortunately, since it's considered "behind the scenes" no pictures were allowed except for in the lobby. That took quite a while, but I finished about 11:30 and met back up with my Mom to move into our apartment. All of my roommates are incredibly nice and everyone is just so excited to be here!
    Setting up the apartment was rather chaotic as there were 6 girls trying to move in to an apartment that's on the third floor with NO ELEVATOR! We got our workout for the day for sure! Took a break for a while to get lunch and buy more things at Walmart (thank god it's just down the road!). Sadly, not long there after I had to say goodbye to Mom at the airport which was hard; I'm not used to being this far away from family for so long. Hopefully it'll get better quickly with being so busy, but no matter what I know I'll miss my family (and the dogs!). The countdown is on until Mom and Grandma and Grandpa come visit in February :)
   Once everyone was pretty settled we enjoyed a wonderful home-cooked meal from one roommate's mom. Sitting around our big dining room table, it felt like a second family and I know it'll be a great four months with new friends and adventures.

                             Lobby of the Casting building

                             in line to check in

                             our official welcome sign!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment