JellyPages.com

Monday, January 28, 2013

Inside Scoop

   Here in Disney World, there are a few words that must be used. I'm not an employee, I'm a cast member; I don't wear a uniform, I wear a costume; and I don't serve customers, I serve guests. All this was told to me yesterday during my orientation to the park. Because I work at the Magic Kingdom, my tour was quite long; it was, however, incredibly interesting. On the other hand, it was rather bittersweet as I feel that some of the magic has been taken away from it now. Hopefully, it'll return soon. If you want to know some of the fun facts of Disney World's Magic Kingdom, just ask!
   In addition to the tour of the park, I received my costumes and my training schedule. I will be working at the Tomorrowland Terrace for their fireworks dessert party, and also at Casey's Corner, which is a baseball themed quick service restaurant. Neither of my costumes are attractive, but at least everyone around me will be wearing them also! My schedule is okay....not what I was hoping for since I am scheduled to work late and I am very much a morning person. But maybe I'll learn to sleep past 8 a.m. once I start coming home at 1:00 a.m.
   Today I have a day off, so I think I may wander around Magic Kingdom or Animal Kingdom in a bit. Tomorrow is my first day of training at the TLT, so wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment